Deadline for submission of films – Wednesday 21 September 2016 @ 5pm (no entries will be accepted after this time so please complete all of the technical tasks well in advance). Note – uploading can take many hours if your film file is too big. Please use the formats requested below to avoid last-minute problems and disappointment).
Students need to create and submit a short film which should be submitted using the relevant link below. The film should be based on the theme ‘A dream’. Following the format of the Tropfest competition, somewhere in the film, students need to have a balloon. The teacher/school submitting the film MUST be a CURRENT (financial) member of the MLTANSW. The judge’s decision will be final. It is suggested schools make copies of their film.
For any enquiries or questions, please email: Linguafest Convenor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- formatted as an AVI or MP4
- no more than 2 minutes in length
- use the target language they are studying
- use English subtitles in the film to enhance the audience’s enjoyment
- Schools may submit a maximum of two entries per Stage per language in the competition.
- all music used MUST be copyright-free or, you MUST get permission to use from the artist.
- Language accuracy (including pronunciation, fluency) (10 marks)
- Creativity and performance skills Film quality (editing, sound etc) (5 marks)
- Adherence to instructions (5 marks)
$300 will be awarded to each winning team in each Stage of learning. Certificates will also be awarded for the Best Concept, Best Drama, Best Comedy, Best Screenplay, Best Editing, Best Animation and Highly Commended overall. Closing Date: Wednesday 21 September 2016. Films will be screened in November 2016.
- Ensure all students and parents have completed and returned Permission forms to you (please retain).
- Complete the entry form here
- Submit your film using the relevant link below. Please note that it can take up to 30 minutes to upload.